Technical Startup: Social Network Aggregation and Business Contact Management
Product: www.kuhono.com - (SRM) Social Relationship Management System
Kuhono is a cutting-edge, web 2.0 application built on a scalable & distributed platform to support heavy traffic. It uses the latest and most complex of social API's, search algorithms, synchronization frameworks and integration methodologies.
- Understand promoter's objectives from business perspective and outline
necessary technical requirements, complexities and alternatives to
ensure project meets its strategic initiatives.
- Deliver a technically sound web platform that can efficiently and securely
serve tens of thousands of users upon launch, and scale quickly to millions of
users when required.
- Ensure a design that allows for easy platform migration and availability on
the mobile, desktop and 3rd party platforms like Sales Force.
- Source a vendor team for project implementation.
- Provide overall execution strategy, schedule and roadmap.
- Ensure delivery on time, on budget and as per schedule.
Scope of Work
** Please note that the UI design was provided to us by the kuhono promoters as psd files.
- Program Management > Business/Techno Strategy
- Select all technology and frameworks for a fool-proof and efficient implementation
which is attainable within a reasonable time and budget.
Ruby, Rails (Unicorn), API's (REST), DB (Regis, Mongo), Cloud (EngineYard), 3rd party integrations (HopToad, NewRelic, PingDom)
- Inform about latest IT trends and best practices in social web 2.0 developments.
- Identify partnership opportunities and track competition.
- Discuss Kuhono usage scenarios, target market and launch plan - Suggest new
features, validate assumptions.
- Engineering EYE FOR DETAIL > provide server configuration variables, configure alerts, account for error handling, API rate limiting, and study analytics reports.
- Software Design and Architecture
- Provide algorithms, DB schema and data structures for all features (after asymptotic analysis) > Ensure a scalable, maintainable, secure, performance friendly and an
easy to use design.
- Design out-bound REST API's for developers to extract information from Kuhono.
- Outline rules and usage patterns for external API's like FB, Lin, Twitter, orkut >
edge cases, return codes, functional calls, permissions and privacy, irregularities.
- Design challenges addressed: threading, database sharding, caching, SSL, security
(sql Injection, XSS, CSRF, Html Escaping), background parallel processing
- End-To-End Project and Delivery Management
- Procure IT team, Guide and Mentor the team > resolve technical deadlocks,
assign responsibilities; make contingency plans.
- Tracking and communication of project health - Decisions, Action items, Change requests,
Risks and Issues.
- Install, Setup and provide access to PM software > dotProject, basecamp, bugzilla.
- Conduct application tests, QA's, perform latency and load tests, optimize code for
server and client side latency.
- Conduct demos, iterate on feedback, setup meetings, submit reports.
- Setup and manage the app on the cloud.
- The whole application was delivered on time and smoothly on the cloud without any hiccups.
- We have two thousand users on beta. We are now making an Iphone and Ipad application for the same.
Mongo DB, MySql
REST based API's, Oauth
<< All Case Studies